Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My favorite SK-1 bend yet!



He should call this the "Tender Buttons" mod.

I love that band. I'm a few years late, I know, but I just picked up "Tender Buttons" the other night. There's what I can only imagine is overblown Casio --> Sonic Alienator on EVERY song! Why haven't more bands embraced this ideal pairing?

Sure, the "full band" dynamic is gone (there are only two people in the group at this point) and they only use their trademark "perfect drum sound" in the first song, which is a shame, but the slimline production is crazily fitting. I'm a fan and I'll like anything they put out, but if you haven't given it a spin yet, track it down. I don't remember it getting much press/good reviews at release time, so you should be able to find it in the used bins of your local good record store right now, no problem. RECOMMENDED.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home