Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crank Crank Radio!


Not many people know this, but the popular Shamblers song "Crank Radio" is actually based on my deep and abiding desire to own a crank radio (just in case of an emergency). Last summer, I actually donated platelets to the New York Blood Center three times in one month, in part because I knew that it would earn me the prize of a crank radio. (Also because I have a surplus of platelets and people with cancer really need them.) It got here yesterday, and I broke it within 5 minutes of getting it out of the box. I got a little overzealous with the cranking, I guess. Good thing I have a platelet donation scheduled for this week!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost donated over a 100 dollars to our NPR station just so I could get an Eton emergency crank radio! I opted for the 50 dollar This American Life DVD instead. Oh, regret.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an Eton crank radio. It also has a little flashlight, weak siren, and can charge a cellphone. Comes in handy during hurricanes!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jess Shambler said...

I saw that crank radio on NPR's site the other day! They have a bunch of nice radios in their online store. I almost bought one the other day before realizing that every room in our house already has a radio in it. Then again, my office cubicle could use some love...

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home