Thursday, February 07, 2008

Decline of Western Civilization, pts. 1 & 2 (& 3)

  • Here's Part 1, which is still a VHS-only joint. I've heard a handful reasons as to why, and a few of them involve a legal bout with Greg Ginn, but I can't say for sure.


  • Part 2, "The Metal Years," had a proper DVD re-release a few years back. Plenty of laughs throughout.


  • I wasn't previously aware of a Part 3, but here it is. I haven't watched it yet-- anyone seen it? Should I give it an hour and a half of my time?


  • EDIT: Here's Salon's review of Part 3. From what I've been able to dig up on it, the third "Decline" was never officially released. It was screened (in 1998) at Cannes, the Chicago Underground Film Festival and Sundance (where it won the "Freedom of Expression" award) before enjoying a brief life as a VHS-only mail order thing. It will eventually be re-issued on DVD. Until then, the only place to see it is online.

    Labels: ,

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what I'm watching tonight!

    4:18 PM  
    Blogger Faxed said...

    It's worth noting that C.C. Deville from Poison (featured in Part 2) is from Bay Ridge!

    10:20 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home