Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dinosaur Flash

I have had the same digital camera (a Cannon S50) for the past six years. It's bulky by today's standards, and is by no means a High Definition machine (5.0 megapixels!), but it's reliable and I like the quality of pictures and videos it takes, grainy artifacts and all.

But one thing I've always wished it did was store more pictures. Don't laugh, but it only recently dawned on me that I could solve this problem by just picking up a new, larger memory card.

Until earlier today, I had two Flash memory options-- a 32MB one and a "big" 128MB one, both of which are hilarious numbers to say out loud now (who uses megabytes anymore? I have a pen with a built-in 1GB USB stick), but in their day they got the job done.


So imagine my excitement when I found an 8GB Compact Flash card this morning! What a ridiculous upgrade! Now if only my battery would hold more than 20 minutes worth of charge...

Open thread: what turn-of-the-century pieces of technology do you have and should have upgraded from years ago but, for whatever reason, can't get rid of (first generation iPod, anyone)?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Navs said...

Mate, that iPod looks decidedly 2nd-Gen to me ... and positively filthy! lol

7:52 AM  
Blogger Faxed said...

It is filthy! It has literally no resale value.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Navs said...

Hey, I still use my 2nd-Gen. It plays music and .. er .. that's what it's supposed to do.

Plus it makes a great hand-held weapon, door-stop etc., which is more than you can say for those new ones ;)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home