Thursday, April 07, 2011

Synth meet-up last weekend

I've been reading about the Trash Audio/Xart synth meet-ups with interest since they started (or thereabouts), and was very excited to finally make it to one (their ninth) this past weekend.

Naturally, I brought a dictaphone with me on Saturday and plugged it into every rig I could get my hands on. The audio in the video below is a collage of some of those recordings. The video itself is from Sunday night's Alessandro Cortini/Richard Devine concert, with visuals by Johnny Woods on video synth.

It should go without saying, but it was a great time. I got to meet some folks for the first time (James Cigler! Mike Wiggler!!) and got to say hello to some old friends, too (Stephen!). My only complaint about the Chicago meet-ups is that they don't happen more often-- they do things once-a-quarter here. The NY/NJ scene had a very informal monthly get-together, which was always a treat. Hopefully, I can get something like that started before long.

In the meantime, enjoy:



New Make Noise granular sample player:


Muff Wiggler himself:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home