Sunday, June 05, 2011

We have a garden!



Since we have a yard, which was unthinkable in NYC, we are taking full advantage by planting a little garden. Above, you can see the first flowers on our crazy flower whose name I am ever forgetting. We also have mint (spear & pepper), a lonely basil plant, a recently transplanted pepper plant that a friend planted from seed last year, oregano, rosemary, lavender, something called foxy digitalis (I couldn't resist), collard greens, cauliflower, marigolds, and radishes!



The radishes I am particularly proud of, because they are the only things that survived when I planted seeds the day before our last snow storm of the year (in April, after the warmest day we'd had all year. It's been that kind of spring). Every couple of days, I decide that a couple of radishes are ready to be harvested and eat them. (Pete isn't a fan of radishes). Today, the two that I pulled were completely different colors, so I decided to do a taste test. My hypothesis was that the pink radish would be milder than the red radish, but I was terribly wrong. That pink radish was downright spicy.

Hopefully, one day we'll have pictures of home-grown cauliflowers and collard greens to share, but for now, please enjoy this insanely large store-bought artichoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home