Sunday, July 19, 2009

What a day!

Yesterday, at the NY-area Muffwiggler meetup, I got to see, hear and play a Synton Fenix:


It's a massive machine with, essentially, three of everything-- three VCOs, three LFOs, three filters, etc., all of them slightly different (one of the VCFs is a 30dB/5-pole?!). Really, an amazing instrument and this was, as I'm sure is the case, the only time I'll ever be able to actually touch one.

(It belonged to Nicholas Kent)

After that, I met some friends at Keyspan Park to see a Cyclones game and, more importantly, heckle the other team.


It was a blast-- there were fireworks afterward! What a country! As it turns out, Keyspan is a great place to see a ballgame. I'd somehow never been and highly recommend it if you find yourself in town during the season. Bleacher seats: $8.

EDIT: here's a video that Scooter, the meetup's host, put together with moments from the afternoon:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home