Saturday, July 05, 2008

Astatic D-104 update

I'd been unable to track down a suitable adapter for the Astatic D-104 that famous author Moshe Zvi Marvit sent our way, and didn't want to just use the thing as a paperweight, so I did what any rational person would have done: I chopped off the 4 pin connector and soldered on one that I could use. Viola. We now have a ham radio workhorse mic in our studio.

I like it-- it's got a real narrow frequency sound to it (somewhere between a Copperphone and a Green Bullet), and I'm sure we'll be able to find a special-effect use for it without much effort. In the meantime, it's standing in as a far classier talkback mic than the 58 we were using previously.

Thanks again Moshe!


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that that's the way it was originally hooked up when it was used in nineteen-dickity-eight.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home